I know the calendar says that it's October 15th and fall arrived weeks ago, officially that is, but TN weather always seems to be a bit behind... well I think fall arrived here this week! It's chilly out and misty and gloomy, and I am loving it! I know I'm saying this now and we've got months ahead of us of grey and chilly weather, but right now it seems nice. It makes you want to curl up and skip the gym and eat chili - which is exactly what I did tonight! I don't feel too bad though about skipping the gym - we're about to start P90X!!! I am so excited to do this. I've seen the info-mercials for a long time now and bub has been itching to try it for a while, but it's so expensive. Well, a generous soul in our community group lent it to us and tonight I stopped by Wally World and grabbed the weights we'll need and I think we're ready to go. I'm so pumped to do this! We've seen results in a friend of ours, so I know it can work. I need to research some healthy diet ideas now. We're both big eaters, we love our food. I've been working on incorporating healthy meals into our dinner routines - but I still need some ideas for breakfasts and lunches, ooh and healthy snacks too... hmmm?!? I hope in just 90 short days I'll be a fitter, slimmer version of myself!
Ok, so enough fitness talk - it is still after all a chilly, lazy evening! Here are some pictures of what we've been up to so far in this amazing month of October...
Mom came by for a visit and helped me spruce up the front of our house for the Halloween/Thanksgiving holidays. She was so super amazing and brought me several wonderful mums for my pots. Mums are so lovely this time of year!

One Sunday I decided that we needed to have pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting - SO, I made some. It was a wonderful recipe from a Real Simple magazine, which by the way I am loving! Sweet Miss A got me a subscription and I'm enjoying every page of it so far! Anyhow - here is a pic of my pumpkin cupcake!

October 9th marked our 4th anniversary. We celebrated on the cheap since we just about collapsed when we had to purchase our plane tickets to Portland for Christmas - ugh, it is SO not cheap to fly out West for the holidays, but it will be an amazing trip and so totally worth it! Anyhow, as I was saying, we decided to spend our anniversary date night painting pottery! We did this on our 2nd anniversary, so I think it's going to be an even year tradition for us now! I painted a cute little wall hanging of a bride and groom and bub painted a giant tea cup for me! I get to pick them up this weekend and I can't wait to see how they turned out. Later that evening we headed home and bub made his homemade meatballs and pasta sauce - so yummy!

And this would be a little addition to, well, my back. I've had getting a tattoo on my life list for a LONG time and one evening two weeks ago I just decided to do it. I've been so scared and chickened out not too long ago when the opportunity arose to get one, so like I said, I just did it. I didn't tell anyone what I was up to (besides bub that is), in case I chickened out again and I am so glad I did it... I LOVE it... there's a lot of meaning behind why I chose this and colored it the way I did. Tim at Lone Wolf designed it and put it on me and I highly recommend him to anyone wanting to get one.

Well I guess that's all for now! I'm so so so glad it's Thursday. I've got a busy weekend of babysitting ahead of me, but it's all good because it's Thursday! I have Friday's off and by Thursday I am spent - having those Friday's off keeps me from becoming a mental case, that's all I'm going to say!
1 comment:
LOVE the tattoo!! Happy late anniversary too :o)
Post a Comment