oh, what a week it has been! this A/P class is kicking my booty. thankfully i did fairly well on the lab test last night - ole! now just one more chapter test and then the final, i'll be glad to have this behind me. i've discovered i'm really not a good online learner, i think i do better in a "live" class setting. plus, i'm honestly not too sure what the future holds as far as school goes, our whole little world is about to change!
we found out on valentine's weekend that we were expecting a little bundle of joy! i'm now 14 weeks along, my goodness time is flying! and i'm due october 23rd. we are at a loss for names - we've got a few names that we sort of like - but nothing we love yet. any ideas??? (as a side note, i KNOW more than just sweet shannon reads this blog, comments from all you lovely lovelies during this pregnancy would be greatly appreciated!!!) hmmm, what else? i've been on a doctor hunt during the past 14 weeks. i had my normal obgyn who i've seen for several years now, but after seeing him twice very early on and hearing him keep saying "we're waiting to see if this sticks" before he'd talk to me about lab work or even stepping on a scale, i gave him the boot. i wanted someone more upbeat and also a little more proactive. i don't have a thyroid, i need lots of bloodwork done all the time, i wanted to check things out to see how this might affect the baby, and he just keeping saying, eh, it'll be fine... so yeah, i'll be fine finding a new doc! so off to obgyn number two - who i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! BUT... i think i love the idea of using a midwife more - so today i've got appt number three. i've found a practice that will let the bub and i create our own birth plan, which may or may not include drugs, and they're ok with that.
so there you go - expect lots of baby updates and lots of questions. i'm a nervous first time mommy. trying to be calm though - i don't want to pass on my craziness to this little bun. bob marley music seems to calm me down - so we're listening to lots of that in the car :-)
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, I am so happy and excited for you and Michael!! Shane has a friend that loved Bob Marley too and when they had a daughter, they named her Marley. I also liked Emerson and Eden for my girls. We were set on Joe for a boy during both pregnancies so we never really thought about boy names. I also like family names for the middle names. J's is Claire after Mike's grandma (Ina Claire) and T's is Maxine after my dad (Max). Are you finding out the gender?
Oooh, I LOVE Emerson, Eden is great too... I don't know how we'll ever pick. I sent you an email with some preggo questions - hope that's ok?!? And yes, we will for sure be finding out the gender! I've got a nursery to plan :-)
I replied :o) I should have titled it "Up Close & Personal with Shannon's Goodies!"
Emerson Elizabeth Plante
(my middle name is Elizabeth ;o) )
Present.
Post a Comment