i wish i was of those people that just had happy wonderful things to say, i hate reading other people's blogs and all they do is complain and vent, but i have to be real and i have to write this out somewhere - so here it is...
i have no earthly idea what we're going to do. we hate our house and i mean, really are truly 100% unhappy in it... and we've only owned it 3 months. everything that can go wrong, has. when we moved in we needed to have some electrical work done, no big deal, right? well, it wouldn't have been if we could have found a reliable contractor to come do it - a month later that was fixed. then we had to have the toilet removed and the connector that holds it to the floor replaced - there went another $150. then there was the realization that everything in the house is bumpy, lose, wiggly, off center, off balanced and generally out of wack which made painting and hanging shelving a whole barrel of fun. then we discovered we have we have brown recluse spiders - alot of them - everywhere. they're poisoness, just in case you were wondering. and then we return from vacation to find our air conditioner has gone out. no air in the south is a bad thing - a really icky uncomfy thing. anyhow - i don't need to go on and on about it. but i just want to sell this place and get out - now - but we can't really do that i guess. so what do we do?
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel your pain. That is what I felt like when we had all of the problems with the ceiling leaking. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but my advice is to tough it out for a little while. Make the improvements and do everything you can to make it your "home". I know you are frustrated, but it will get better. Focus on the things you love and chalk up the repairs to a learning experience. We've been living with tiny closets and no kitchen storage for three years BUT I'm finally feeling like I can make it work for another three years or so. Our ceiling is still in need of repair... we had to spend a fortune on a new roof TWICE, our furnace going out, a pipe freezing, new plumbing, etc. You'll get through it!! Just KNOW that there are people worse off than you. Also, keep the things you hate about your house in the back of your mind when you go to find your next house. You'll be sure to look more closely at the little things the next time around... I know we will!! Oh yeah, did I mention that our fridge has been leaking for three years too?? Good luck and hang in there!!!
Post a Comment