Wednesday, September 2, 2009

captain obvious

You'll have to start calling me Cappy Obvious as I'm just now realizing that I have an EASTER blog theme going on this little blog of mine - how did I miss this?!? Ok, I hope to fix this soon!

So - the camping trip went well. Wet, but fun. It rained on our little camping parade, but any event that includes s'mores and sitting by a campfire is fine by me! The hubs and I are actually planning a little solo camping trip for sometime next month hopefully. Hopefully we won't spend the whole time wet and muddy! Ooh and the spiked watermelon turned out wonderfully. I think we should have started a tiny bit sooner than the night before though. I don't think we allowed it enough time to soak up all the adult beverage. It did absorb about two cups though - I guess that's not so bad?!?

The school stuff has fallen all to bits as of right now. Apparently the fact that I've completed a previous Bachelor's degree really counts for nothing and I have to scramble to track down old ACT scores (I took that like TEN years ago, literally!) and immunization records and a transcript from a college that has shut down, where I only took two religion classes mind you! I know I should have started this process a bit sooner, but I honestly had no idea it would be this much of a hassle. Consequently I've missed the deadline for a starting the school in the spring, so I'll be hopefully applying for school this fall... We'll see. There's still the minor detail of funding this little adventure, I'm hoping that works itself out too!

We're heading to the great state of North Carolina this weekend for the Labor Day holiday. I hope it goes well... the trips out East always seem to be a little wonky. I am looking forward to knowing that after this weekend our crazy insane summer will finally come to an end! I am most definitely looking forward to a few weekends in a row of being home in our little dwelling. I'm getting excited for fall weather and planting some autumn mums. I want to redo the two big pots we have out front and fill them with wonderful mums in orange and yellow and burgundy. I'll have to take some pictures when we're done!

Ok, off to bed I go... this post was sort of lame :-(

xoxo

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You know, I noticed the Easter theme right when you changed it but figured, "hey, she must like pastels colors and cute little bunnies!" It's ok :o)