Here's our sweet little lady!!! Miss Rosalie Pearl joined our family Friday, October 15 at 7:04pm. She weighed 6lbs 12oz and was 18" long. She is an angel and the love we have for her is overwhelming. I knew we would love her, I had no idea HOW MUCH we would adore her from the second she was born.So Thursday night, I guess technically Friday morning - it was 3:30am - I woke up and felt weird. That's all I can say. I've had very painful for weeks. I've had so many false alarms that I'd sort of given up... I figured well we'll know when she's for real about to be born, it will be different right? So I woke up and felt sort of weird, some contractions, but nothing major. So I scooted off to the bathroom, what 39 wk preggo lady isn't scooting off to the bathroom several times a night? And well, lets just say a gush of water came out. I was confused, was it pee? Was it my water? What was it? I went back to bed figuring it was just something else weird happening, but not the real thing. I climb into bed and yes, well, some more of that water comes a gushing. So what did I do? I let Michael sleep and I cleaned the kitchen? What? Why? I have no idea but in that moment it was the only thing I wanted to do. I thought, well if this is for real then I don't want to leave a messy house. A bit later sweet Bub wanders in and asks me what the heck I'm doing? I tell him I think my water broke and he does what? He goes back to bed :-) I told you, we've had a lot of false alarms. The water kept coming out - ick! So I called our Dr and he said, well why didn't we come in and get checked out. So I finished cleaning up the house, took a shower, ate some cereal and finally we headed in about 5:30. We get all checked in and get settled back in triage and they check and yes indeed my water has broken and I was almost 3cm dilated! We spent the day laboring slowly... my contractions totally stopped at one point and wouldn't start back up so I ended up getting some pitocin and a glorious wonderful epidural. I made it to nearly 7cm before I got the epidural, so I feel good about that. I tried to go natural - why??? Once that pain medication made its way into me I finally felt relaxed and calm and able to birth a baby! We layed around, watched bad day time tv and by 5ish we were ready to push. I couldn't believe it when the nurse said we were 10cm and ready to go! I pushed for an hour and half - a little long I think, but it went SO fast. Bub was right there by my side the whole time, he was a wonderful partner. I couldn't believe when they said I only had one push left and then out she came! I had super low blood pressure right afterwards, so I didn't get to hold her long. But Bub was right there with her to cut the cord and go to the nursery with her. I had no idea you could love someone SO much. She's an angel sent from Heaven and we adore her! Every bit of pain and discomfort is erased when I look at her. When I'm gimpy and shuffling off to the bathroom and my ladybits are painful I see her and I'd do it again tomorrow. I can't imagine our lives with out her! Welcome to the world sweet baby Rosie!
I know this picture is sort of silly, but I LOVE that little expression she has on her sweet little face!
1 comment:
I have happy tears coming out of my eyes right now because I am SO happy for you! Welcome to Mommyhood! Now, I'm sure you can believe me when I tell you that you will love her more each day. It's crazy how a tiny little thing can change your entire world in an instant! Congrats to you both She is beautiful :o) xoxo
Post a Comment