Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 - A Year in Review

Figured I'd follow the trend and write a year end wrap-up post! It's been quite the year. And while odd numbered years usually make me nervous and have a reputation for being horrible for me, I'm going to be a positive Polly and believe that 2011 holds nothing but great things in store! How could it not??? We have our sweet baby daughter and I'm starting a new adventure with school.

January: I turned 28 - nothing too exciting there. Started taking an online A/P class that kicked my booty! It's hard to take a class like that online and basically teach yourself - but I passed, thank goodness. We had the great snow storm of 2010 which in reality was only like 4 inches, but it snowed us in for a day or two. And we decided to actively start trying to have a baby - little did I know it would take all of three days for us to be successful!

February: We celebrated the Super Bowl with the Shear's. Found out I was preggo Valentine's Day weekend :-) Kept plugging away at that A/P class.

March: Started my great OB/GYN hunt and had no idea how picky I'd suddenly become about finding the right doctor for me. I just couldn't stay with my regular Dr when he told me not to get too excited until we saw if, "this thing sticks". I took a fun painting class with Miss Casey. Bub and I took a tiling class at Home Depot and walked out with a great sense that we could conquer ANY tiling project! He did tile the bathroom floor b/c he's awesome like that. Looks like we also went to a couple of Pred's games, always fun times!

April: Came to the end of my first trimester. Switched OB's - AGAIN. Sweet Baby Sam was born - the little brother of sweet Leyla that I nannied at the time.

May: Had my final exam in A/P which was also the same day the huge flood started here in Nashville. I was so protected by God that day. Just hours after I got home, the highway I had just driven down flooded so badly that a trailer was lifted up off the ground and washed away down it. Bub was protected as well when he hydroplaned on a soaked road and ended up in a ditch. Worked. Went to Bible Study. That's about it!

June: Headed to Portland, OR for sweet Sister's graduation from her master's program. We adore Oregon and had a great time as always! Had our first big yard sale to make room for Rosie. It was SOOOO hot and I was starting to get big at this point. Our sweet neighbor Miss Linda noticed the huge, sweaty preggo that I was and brought us popsicles. Oh and our stove tried to kill us. It randomly decided to start sparking and flaming for a couple of days. Thankfully we got it fixed, but it was pretty scary a couple of times there.

July: Bub took me to see Eclipse - he's the best hubby ever! Sweet Sophie threw me my first baby shower.

August: Headed to Indiana for the Smith family summer party and also a baby shower with my Auntie's and Indiana friends. It was a sweet little tea party, so much fun :-) Saw Ray LaMontagne and David Grey. Picked up our rocking chair for sweet Rosie-Cakes.

September: Changed OB's AGAIN, yes AGAIN and I was then 34 weeks pregnant. I think I may have had a problem :-P Crammed in fifty-gajillion lunch and dinner dates with friends knowing that I'd soon be out of commission for awhile and busy with sweet babes. Had our 3D ultrasound and saw our baby's face for the first time. It was so worth every penny. Helped surprise Bub with a baby shower at his work.

October: Celebrated 5 years of marriage with my sweet, amazing hubby. We had an excellent dinner courtesy of our sweet friends Josh and Kaila. Went to a prayer group meeting and had the ladies pray that Rosie would be born soon (I was getting so huge and swollen and uncomfy) and about 6 hours later my water broke. Those girl's know how to effectively pray! Sweet Rosie was born 10/15! Bub took his first business trip, just one week after Babes was born, needless to say I was a wreck.

November: Sweet Rosie attended her first birthday party for our sweet neighbor. Sweet Casey threw us a Baby Brunch honoring little Miss.

December: Sweet Denisse's wedding! Our first night away from Babes! Christmas trip to Indiana - that was a LONG drive. And New Year's Eve... that included me pestering Bub to stay awake long enough to give me a New Year's kiss. Being new parents is so glamorous!

And that was 2010! As you can see it was a year centered all around baby. It was a year so full of amazing blessings, but also anxious moments. I never thought I'd be able to quit my job to stay home full time, but God provided and I have an awesome supportive hubby who has taken on a lot of extra responsibility to care for us. We had a few scary moments while Rosie was still just a bun in my oven, but she came out so perfect and healthy! And the last 11 weeks since she was born have been the hardest months of my life. A colicky baby can really be a challenge, but we have survived!

Can't wait to see what happens next :-)

No comments: